From: Gerhard Wesp (gwesp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-07 04:58:07

> all numeric values input or output are enforced by the compiler to have
> documented units. Code is clear and simple, like this:
>
> length x = 1000.0 * meter;
> velocty v = 2.0 * nautical_mile / hour;
> time t = x / v; // typically LOTS of computations here
> cout << "Time in seconds = " << t / second;

I like this notation.

I'm not sure, however, why t = x / v should involve lots of computation.
If length, velocity, time are implemented as I proposed in my other
email, x would contain the length in meters, v the velocity in meters
per second, and time the time in seconds. Thus, one division. The
conversions into SI units would be done in the assignments above.

Regards
-Gerhard

--
Gerhard Wesp