From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-07 09:09:29

David Abrahams wrote:
> Jeff Garland <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Try #2 -- any help here folks? I guess I'll cross-post to the testing
>> list...
>
> The build list would be more apropos.
>
>>> If I say

> ^

oops, thx that's important...

> You need --v2 to get BBv2, but AFAICT from the BBv2 code
> --verbose-test is supported.
>
>>> it doesn't work.
>
> What do you mean by "it doesn't work?"

Ok, well I have new results with the release candidate. I just
refreshed cvs. Then I went and built and installed a fresh copy of
bjam. Results are below. Basically it appears I need to configure my
toolsets now -- please point me to the documentation and I'll gladly
follow the instructions.

> bjam -v
  Boost.Jam Version 3.1.13. OS=LINUX.
    Copyright 1993-2002 Christopher Seiwald and Perforce Software, Inc.
    Copyright 2001 David Turner.
    Copyright 2001-2004 David Abrahams.
    Copyright 2002-2005 Rene Rivera.
    Copyright 2003-2005 Vladimir Prus.

then from my library directory

/boost_rc_1_34/libs/date_time/test

> bjam --v2 --verbose-test

Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
warning: Python location is not configured
warning: the Boost.Python library won't be built
warning: no toolsets are configured.
warning: you won't be able to build C++ programs.
warning: please consult the documentation.

error: unable to construct ./testgeneric_period
To debug this problem, try the --debug-generators option

> /usr/bin/bjam --v2 --debug-generators

Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
warning: Python location is not configured
warning: the Boost.Python library won't be built
warning: no toolsets are configured.
warning: you won't be able to build C++ programs.
warning: please consult the documentation.

      *** construct RUN
          from { testgeneric_period.cpp.CPP }
          properties: <asynch-exceptions>off <debug-symbols>on
<define>BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 <exception-handling>on <extern-c-nothrow>off
<format>html <hardcode-dll-paths>true <include>../../.. <inlining>off
<install-dependencies>off <link>shared
<location-prefix>testgeneric_period.test <main-target-type>RUN
<runtime-debugging>on <runtime-link>shared <stdlib>native
<symlink-location>project-relative
<tag>@Jamfile</home/jeff/devTools/boost_rc_1_34>%Jamfile</home/jeff/devTools/boost_rc_1_34>.tag
<threading>single <user-interface>console <variant>debug
<warnings-as-errors>off <warnings>on
      find-viable-generators target-type= RUN property-set= debug
      trying type RUN
      there are generators for this type
      trying generator testing.expect-success ( RUN_OUTPUT -> RUN )
        is viable
      *** 1 viable generators
        ** generator 'testing.expect-success' pruned