From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-08 15:42:31

On 5/31/06, Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "Bertrand Augereau" <bertrand_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
> > Argh...
> > The following snippet doesn't compile on MSVC8.0 if stdafx.h (the
> > precompiled header) includes "boost\typeof\typeof.hpp", and works if
> not...
> > (The project is otherwise a default-settings console app)
> >
> > #include "stdafx.h"
> > #include "boost\typeof\typeof.hpp"
> >
> > #include BOOST_TYPEOF_INCREMENT_REGISTRATION_GROUP()
> >
> > class Class {};
> >
> > BOOST_TYPEOF_REGISTER_TYPE(Class)
> >
> > int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[]) { return 0; }
> >
> > and it dumps these (quite meaningless) errors:
> > error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'
> > error C2059: syntax error : '<'
> > error C2065: 'V' : undeclared identifier
> > error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
> > error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
> > error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'
> > error C2059: syntax error : '<'
> > error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'
> > error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)
> >
> > Maybe you can save me, once again, Arkadiy? :)
>
> This looks like something is undefined...
>
> Unfortunately, the vc8 beta period is over, and all of a sudden I no longer
> have an access too this compiler :( I'll see what I can do to get it...
> Meanwhile, is there anybody with the access to vc8 who is willing to help?

I tried compiling the test battery on VC8 with precompiled headers
enabled (\Yc with test.hpp as the precompiled header) and encountered
similar problems. Eliminating the anonymous namespaces solves the
problem, and doesn't introduce any obvious new problems. Is there more
than a theoretical reason for the anonymous namespaces in the first
place? Is there any observed cases where not having anonymous
namespaces causes corruption to typeof?

Regards,
Peder