From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-08 18:31:21

 From this end users point of view, Boost needs a standard and easy to
find way of specifying for any future release which compilers are
supported by each library. The current way of determining this, by
having to interpret regression tests, when and if they are run by a
different people against particular libraries using particular
compilers, seems very poor as a method of creating such information.
Furthermore while some libraries may mention, to some extent in their
documentation, what compilers they support in general, many say nothing
in this regard, and often such information changes between releases.

Please understand I am speaking from the end-users point of view. An
end-user using a particular compiler release wants to be able to find
out, fairly quickly, whether that release in a particular Boost release
which the end-user is using is supported by a particular library. I urge
Boost to set up a means by which the end-users expectations of easily
finding this information will be met without the hit-and-miss
examination of multiple regression tests or the reliance of such
information somewhere in the documentation for a particular library.