From: Oleg Abrosimov (beholder_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-08 12:58:55

I believe that in current state PQS can not be accepted to boost.
Reasons:
1) It is almost useless for scientists. (of cause, it is very useful for
engineers, though). It lacks or makes it really hard to plug-in
different systems, such as C.G.S.E. (centimeter, gramme, second, and
intensity of electric field from one electron is given by formula: E =
e/r^2. Note, no k coefficient, as in SI), standard model in theoretical
physics (velocity of light is 1, plank constant is 1, etc.),
relativistic model, where only velocity of light is 1 (it means that
dimensions of time and length are equal. length is time and time is
length). This list can be expanded dramatically (almost every physical
problem can benefit from some sort of special dimensions usage).
2) In PQS concept of dimensional analysis is tightly coupled with
concept of units. I believe that they _must_ be uncoupled and
implemented independently.
Dimensional analysis has its own value even without any units at all.

I hope that tomorrow I’ll find time to provide more ideas of what
Boost.Dimensions and Boost.Units should be to meet my expectations from
such a library.

Best regards,
Oleg Abrosimov.