From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-12 09:14:29

"Eric Niebler"
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Andy Little wrote:

> I can't recommend any better file vault software, but I suggest we stop
> tracking the download counts and remove the "top downloads" page until
> the numbers can be made reliable. As they are, the download counters are
> meaningless and misleading.

>From my point of view the download count is an indicator that somebody finds the
library *potentially interesting*. I dont see it as any more than that because
once downloaded they might see it differently. Nevertheless it is nice to know
that someone is downloading my efforts, so even if it's seriously flawed, I
would prefer to keep it (while continuing to point out the download count is
seriously buggy). Maybe it should be only available on request, at least until
the bug is found? (Knowing its buggy I can still make good use of the info it
provides).

regards
Andy Little