From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-13 15:49:17

Janek Kozicki said: (by the date of Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:17:33 +0200)

> without pqs (three runs):
> Computation time: 370.939 seconds
> Computation time: 382.615 seconds
> Computation time: 360.418 seconds
>
> with pqs - and extra constructor calls, which would be avoided if I converted whole data structure! (three runs):
> Computation time: 415.724 seconds
> Computation time: 423.181 seconds
> Computation time: 421.799 seconds
>
> that makes a difference of roughly 11% - 13%

oops. I did not pay attention to optimization level when compiling yade.
I have redone checks with maximum optimization (-O3). Six runs with and
six without pqs. Averaged result is now just 2% performance drop.

I'm really sorry for that misinformation.