From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-14 09:45:24

Hi guys,

I tried a couple of compilations on the CVS trunk and it appears that
gcc's -Wundef option is basically unusable, due to most usages of
BOOST_WORKAROUND not being prefixed by a corresponding "defined
expression". Now, I'm thinking: if a suitable pragma exists (I'll look
it up) could we just disable that warning at the config system level?
I know this impacts non-boost user code as well but, whatever that
implies, we have a precedent for Visual C++:

// turn off the warnings before we #include anything
#pragma warning( disable : 4503 ) // warning: decorated name length
exceeded

Opinions?

--Gennaro.