From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-14 10:56:57

Gennaro Prota wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:17:48 -0500, Rene Rivera
> <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I've been working on making such changes for some time now
>> <http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostConfig>.
>> But it's very slow going as I have almost no free time.
>
> Aha, thanks! Let me know if I can help (from a quick look at the wiki
> page I was under the impression that not all details are settled; if
> they are, instead, I can do the changes on the CVS repository)

There's always some details to settle :-) In my local copy of that page
I think I've "decided" on some of the missing details. I'll put up my
newest set of comments today, and newest set of changes. I've been
putting the code changes in a branch, BOOST_VERSION_NUMBER, of
boost/config and boost/config.hpp, boost/config/*, and libs/config/*.

> Rene, while you are here, thanks for the following workaround

Your welcome.

> #if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__MWERKS__, <= 0x3003) // 8.x
> // CodeWarrior 8 generates incorrect code
> // when the &=~ is compiled,
> // use the |^ variation instead.. <grafik>
> m_bits[block_index(pos)] |= bit_mask(pos);
> m_bits[block_index(pos)] ^= bit_mask(pos);
> #else
> m_bits[block_index(pos)] &= ~bit_mask(pos);
> #endif
>
> in dynamic_bitset. IIUC, this went undetected by tests? If so, could
> you please provide a test snippet that I can add?

Hm, if I remember correctly, there was a test where this showed up. But
I don't remember which one.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything