From: Scott (cheesy4poofs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-14 12:45:02

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for the reply.

> It sounds to me as though you're using the SSL example from the
> "boost layout" asio proposal (where everything is in the namespace
> boost::asio) with the headers from the non-boost package of asio
> (where the namespace is just asio). The SSL example is found in
> src/examples/ssl in the non-boost package.

You are correct. We grabbed the version from sourceforge several months ago
(v3.6). I downloaded the latest from anonymous CVS - wow. Quite a few
changes there (demuxer is now io_service, etc. etc.). I'm in the process of
rewriting our code to the latest asio.

When I'm done, I hope you (or someone with SSL experience) wouldn't mind
answering a few questions about getting SSL working. I basically just want
a simple encrypted tcp stream, with a minimal of fuss. I don't need
certificates (at least I don't think I do). All I want is the server and
client to generate keys on startup automatically and use those keys to
negotiate the symmetric cypher during handshaking. If there's an easy way
to hook that up, please let me know.

The example client/server SSL seems unwieldy. It actually makes you type a
pass phrase when the server starts. I really don't want that.

Thanks,
Scott