From: Timo Geusch (timo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-15 16:11:28

As mentioned in the sunpro experts thread, I've been building Boost on
the Sun Studio 11 compiler (5.8) with a slightly different v1 jamfile
which is based on the one Simon Atanasyan published in his blog. I took
out a couple of lines that caused problem when building with Python...

Anyway, the main changes are:
- It defaults to using the compiler-supplied STLport library. From what
I understand, Sun doesn't support/isn't really interested in fixing
problems that occur in conjunction with the old RogueWave "STL" they
also ship for backwards compatibility reasons.
- It switches on standard C++ temp variable lifetimes. Normally the SUN
compiler uses scoping rules that are backward-compatible with ancient
versions of the compiler but these produce "interesting" results with
modern C++ code.
- Several other flags that supposedly make the compiler grok templates
better.

The attached patch is against the 1.34 RC CVS version but should apply
cleanly to 1.33.x as well. I'd appreciate if someone with the necessary
priviledges could commit it.

I'll try to provide the necessary patches for v2 in the next few days as
well.

Regards,
Timo