From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-17 16:14:57

"Oleg Abrosimov" <beholder_at_[hidden]> wrote

> Moreover, I have a strong feeling that the solution with simple Length
> would be better. In particular, it'll simplify your code that uses PQS.
> You've said that PQS helps you to remember in what units a variable is.
> In a scheme with Length you simply have no need to remember it nor think
> about it anymore.
>
> Of course, I can be completely wrong. If so, I would like to see a
> complete example were current scheme is beneficial. In C++, please.

Have you looked in the examples provided with pqs_3_1_0/pqs_3_1_1?

Some examples there showing the advantages of units are:

<libs/pqs/examples/conversion_factor.cpp>
<libs/pqs/examples/capacitor_time_curve.cpp>
<libs/pqs/examples/lab_example.cpp>
<libs/pqs/examples/gravity.cpp>
<libs/pqs/examples/fibonacci_optimise-timer.cpp>
<libs.pqs/examples/noise_voltage_density.cpp.
<libs/pqs/examples/clcpp_response.cpp>

regards
Andy Little