From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-17 19:23:27

Carlo Wood said: (by the date of Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:25:06 +0200)

> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 03:10:00PM +0200, Carlo Wood wrote:
> > > false, because PQS has no mechanism for distinguishing dimensionless types.
> >
> > All the built-in types? I'd use double (or Modular_Integer etc etc),
> > for them :)
>
> Or is what you meant that you CAN'T use Modular_Integer as
> dimensionless part?
>
> I think that (indeed) a PQS library should support ANY external
> type as base field, not just doubles.

oh yes! Ability to to use some InifinitePrecision class, or even
Boost.Rational numbers is very important.

Another question is the ability to switch underlying numerical data
types on runtime, which I think shouldn't be allowed - that would make
everything damn too complicated. I'm thinking now about free_quantity.