From: Lubomir Bourdev (lbourdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-23 21:15:28

Andy Little wrote:
>My initial reaction is that I would not vote to accept GIL into Boost
>unless it came with a cross-platform UI.

Andy,

GIL is designed to solve a very specific problem - abstracting away the
image representation from algorithms applied on images.

A well-done and complete user interface library is a huge undertaking
and is very much orthogonal to the problem of image manipulation.

If you need a UI library, one pointer for you are the Adam/Eve libraries
at http://opensource.adobe.com
They are open-source, very much Boost-friendly, cross-platform and
widely used commercially (we use them for our products too). We are also
working on having a GIL integration with the Adam/Eve libraries (the
picture widget will be a GIL image)

Lubomir