From: Lubomir Bourdev (lbourdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-25 11:59:39

>> I have only quickly skimmed through GIL docs, so I don't know if GIL
>> provides *processing* algorithms. It would be nice to have that. But
>> maybe due to the fact the the number of such *processing* methods is
>> almost infinite (just look at how many plugins GIMP has) I rather
expect
>> this library to provide an easy interface to implement any (and all)
of
>> those that you mentioned above.
>
>I agree. I didn't mean to suggest that all the above should be added to
GIL
>itself. Rather, my point was that there are many situations where
images are
>dealt with in a non-interactive (and, in particular, non-GUI) way.

Stefan and Janek:

As you pointed out, there are infinitely many algorithms that can work
with images. All we can do in GIL core is to provide the framework that
you can use to write your algorithms.

We are hoping other developers can join us and contribute algorithms.
One possibility is that we have an "algorithm" extension to GIL possibly
as a follow-up submission.

Lubomir