From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-25 20:26:34

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Jeff Garland wrote:
>> Beman Dawes wrote:

>> Anyway, once you have a version that compiles on Linux I can take a
>> shot at replacing this and seeing what happens...
>
> That would be great! The refreshed .zip should work for Linux; if not
> let me know.

I've uploaded a quickly done version using date-time types to the vault under
System:

http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?direction=0&order=&directory=System&

I mostly did the minimal set of changes, but if I was doing a complete job I
would want to change some of the implementation. For example, I wouldn't want
to handle an error in the call to the clock by setting the elapsed to -1.
Also, I'd probably redo the interfaces all in terms of time_duration and then
use milliseconds when I know the time base is actually in terms of
milliseconds (I did that sortof half way). As for i/o, I just did the
expedient thing and used the operator<< for time duration which prints in the
form:

   HH::MM::SS.ffffffff

Oh and I didn't even mess with the windows side of things. I'm out of time for
now, but hopefully this will provide some food for thought and discussion.

Jeff