From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-26 05:14:43

> Sorry I haven't got a chance to look at this till now. First, it might be
> nice if you could upload a version to the vault so other people can try it
> out.

Ok will do so with the next version that should come very soon.

I think this code is both inefficient and likely non-portable.

Hum, by definition QueryPerformanceCounter is non-portable ?

  As I understand it, QueryPerformanceCounter has a hardware defined
> resolution that
> can be queried by calling QueryPerformanceFrequency. QPF provides the
> counts
> per second. You should be able to use this to more simply construct the
> time_duration. So, for example, if QPF returned 1000 you could simply say
>
> m_elapsed +=
> boost::posix_time::milliseconds(current-previous);
>
> I'm guessing nanoseconds might be the best duration type to use in the
> calculation.

Hum you are probably right, I'm not that much used to date_time so I thought
I had to construct using the constructor but what you just showed is indeed
much simpler.

Thank you
Philippe