From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-27 09:08:26

What about the MSVC warning 4127?

silenced with

# pragma warning(disable: 4127) // conditional expression is constant.

No amount of recoding can help with this can this - a constant conditional
expression is exactly what one was trying to achieve!

What are you suggesting for this?

Doing nothing is not an option, if you accept my premise that a -pedantic or
MSVC level 4 compile without warnings is what we want.

What mechanism for supressing it is best?

| Having said this, in my experience gcc, version 4.1 or later,
| with "-ansi -pedantic -Wall" works quite well.

Does it produce a "conditional expression is constant" warning?
(Or similar generally unhelpful messages).

How can you stop it?

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]