From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-27 12:10:45

Reece Dunn wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> I've never used TortoiseCVS, so I don't know. I use cvs and follow the
>> release procedures described at
>> http://boost.org/more/release_procedures.htm. I never merge more than
>> the files I'm working on.
>
> Thanks for the link. This will help me as well, as I made a mistake somewhere
> when integrating the boost/Jamfile.v2 fix for the serialization libraries.
>
> Do you know how merged_to_RC_1_34_0 gets updated into the RC_1_34_0?

The release procedures demonstrate that. It looks like: "cvs update
-jmerged_to_RC_1_26_2 -jHEAD buggycode.hpp"

>> Don't forget to "cvs tag" when you're done merging your changed into
>> RC_1_34_0.
>
> I think I missed that. Shouldn't it be merged_to_RC_1_34_0 instead of
> RC_1_34_0 when running cvs tag?

I was speaking loosely. I meant, "When you're merging changes into the
RC branch, don't forget the last step: moving the tag to the new merged
point!"

> Do you mean something like:
>
> cvs ... # merge changes and resolve conflicts
> cvs tag -c merged_to_RC_1_34_0 # update merged_to_RC_1_34_0 branch
> ... # repeat
>
> cvs tag -c RC_1_34_0 # we are done, so update RC_1_34_0
>
> ?

No, I mean follow the release procedures, exactly as they are described
at http://boost.org/more/release_procedures.htm.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting