From: Oleg Abrosimov (beholder_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-28 08:51:29

Christopher Kohlhoff wrote:
> Elsewhere I suggested that errno_value() and sysno_value()
> getters could be replaced by overloads of the free functions
> to_errno and to_sysno. If the setters are also removed as
> suggested in this thread, then that leaves a grand total of 0
> named member functions :)

I suggest following names:

errno_from(ec);
sysno_from(ec);

1) it is longer, but better reflects what is going on.
2) it is consistent with string_from() function I'm working on.

One more idea about message() function - it can be replaced with the
above mentioned string_from/wstring_from function. All what should be
done - an '<<' operator should be provided.

Best,
Oleg Abrosimov.