From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-28 13:43:22

David Abrahams wrote:
> Jody Hagins <jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Compilers allow you to disable a warning if you don't want it. The
> > build should do the same. How about a command line, or config file,
> > where I can stick in -Wno-python-not-configured
> > -Wno-regex-unicode-disabled or something, so I can make it be
> > quiet...
>
> In BBv1 there was
>
> "pass --without-python to suppress this message in the future"
>
> in the message. If that's been dropped for v2 it should probably be
> reinstated.

I don't feel comfortable writing:

   bjam --without-python --without-regex-icu ...

every time I want to build something! However, the inverse would be
equally annoying for people who do want these facilities.

BBv2 has a user-config.jam file that allows you to configure the various
toolsets. If I don't have a "using python ;" decleration in there, it is
likely that I don't have Python or don't want to use it. This statement
is therefore my --with[out]-python flag.

Similarly, with ICU I could have "using icu ;".

The documentation should also tell me what optional components
(Python, ICU, ZLib) are used by different libraries and how to
configure these.

- Reece
Try Live.com: where your online world comes together - with news, sports, weather, and much more.
http://www.live.com/getstarted