From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-28 15:08:50

Hi Lubomir,

"Lubomir Bourdev"wrote
> FYI - we just posted a 55 minute Flash presentation regarding GIL. You
> may find watching it more convenient than reading the tutorial.

The flash tutorial was excellent and very informative. I hope you provide a link
in the submitted documentation.
AFAICS Its a very good demonstration of Generic programming, as well as use of
metafunctions and boost lambda. and bringing compile time entities into runtime

Below are some quick thoughts from a very amteur perspective.
Note comments based on GIL in release version of ASL.1.0.17

- Rather than int width, int height for image why not image_size(width, height).

- What is point used for <adobe/gil/core/utilities.hpp> ?

- Isnt point2<T> always an Integer? Why is it converted to a float:

#include <iterator> // shouldnt be necessary here
#include <adobe/gil/core/utilities.hpp>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    adobe::gil::point2<std::size_t> p;
    std::cout << typeid(p * 2).name() <<'\n';

}
/*
    output:
    class adobe::gil::point2<double>
*/

- Is point2 * point2 useful?
- Is point2 << point2 useful?

- point2[] may not be legal C++ as written FWIW:
http://tinyurl.com/lvufg

- Arent point2's actually position vectors?

- Boost.Numeric.Converter can be used for rounding and conversion of float to
int. Adds range
checking too, but slower, is that why you dont use it?

http://www.boost.org/libs/numeric/conversion/doc/index.html

- utility.hpp needs to include <iterator>

- locator might be renamed cursor.