From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-02 01:26:06

Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> On 7/2/06, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> It used to be that the default build of Boost attempted to build both
>> single and multi thread variants, and also static and dynamic, of
>> libraries. But it seems this is no longer the case.
>>

> It seems that way too to me -- but it might be something with regards
> to the toolset I'm using, and the configuration of BBv2 for MSVC,
> though I don't have a way of verifying otherwise right now.

It applies to any toolset, for example I'm looking at it with MinGW in
addition to MSVC.

> Another thing I noticed with regards to BBv2 is that even if I'm using
> msvc, the libraries being searched for in the linking phase still
> contain the "lib" prefix (a convention in the Unix build system using
> the GNU toolset). It's either the boost libraries aren't being built
> with the "lib" filename prefix in Windows, or the link configuration
> is looking for the wrong file. The specific use case will be for
> unit-tests:
>
> unit-test my_unit_test : my_unit_test.cpp ;
>
> The linker complains this:
>
> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'libboost_unit_test_framework-vc80-mt-gd-1_34.lib'
>
> when the library built is just named
> "boost_unit_test_framework-vc80-mt-gd-1_34.lib" without the "lib"
> prefix.
>
> It might be a misconfiguration on the "unit-test" rule, or something
> else, though I haven't checked yet myself.

It's yet another discrepancy between the BBv1 and BBv2 build files.
Which I guess I'll have to fix. Incidentally I had also just noticed
that problem when I was trying to solve the first discrepancy :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything