From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-03 10:20:32

Tomas Puverle wrote:
>>> You may want to reconsider this fix. The assembly code in the
>>
>> Unfortunately, I'm told that the default for g++ is V7 and the code
>> is being rejected. I don't have access to a Sparc and am unable to
>> test it myself.
>
> For 32bit compilation, consider this:
>
> g++ -mcpu=v8 -mtune=ultrasparc3 <file>
>
> For 64bit compilation, try this
>
> g++ -mcpu=v9 -mtune=ultrasparc3 -m64 <file>
>
> I think this should work.

I'm more interested in the source code side; as I understand it, g++ <file>
will fail if we test __sparc__ and try to use cas. Do you think that

#if defined( __sparc_v8__ ) || defined( __sparc_v9__ )

will work reliably (by which I mean, include the header file when it would
compile, and not include it when its compilation would fail)?