From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-04 15:19:53

On 7/5/06, Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> But the whole point is that in some scenarios you want to catch T, not
> exception_info. You are interested in a read_error and have an appropriate
> response to it ready, but the rest of the exceptions must be propagated
> unharmed.
>
> So you catch( read_error const & r ) and use dynamic_cast to see whether it
> also contains exception_info.

Now I get it.

Is there any other way of doing it than dynamic_cast'ing the exception then?

I would like to be able to use this in the future too, but the single
thing that's making me not want to use it is the use of dynamic_cast
-- and somehow, something deep in me wants to come up with a less
explicit, but more user-friendly way of doing so.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
C/C++ Software Architect