From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-06 18:26:13

"Matt Calabrese" <rivorus_at_[hidden]> writes:

> What's more is, it's also entirely possible for the clone_ptr
> library to specialize std::sort for standard container iterators of
> clone_ptrs, therefore once again giving you just as efficient code
> as ptr_containers, but with entirely generic code.

I'm afraid that dog don't hunt. First of all, if you want to do
anything generic you'd have to overload, since sort is a function
template and there's no partial specialization of function templates.
Second, you're not allowed to introduce overloads to std::. Third,
the overloads might not match due to non-deduced contexts.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting