From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-09 09:21:48

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:30:13 -0400, Daryle Walker
<darylew_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>In what I've read in this thread, I've never seen how to get the total count
>of elements in a multi-dimensional array. (I just seen how to get the count
>of a particular dimension.)

I never thought about this (or needed it). Did you?

If there's consensus on introducing it I only see two problems:

 * choosing a good name :)
 * making it work on non-conforming compilers
   (I have to say of all compilers I tried my straightforward
    implementation on, only gcc could handle it, which is quite
    discouraging for such a trivial piece of code)

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]
[    resume:  available on request      ]