From: Sean Parent (sparent_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-11 15:12:43

A quick follow up after discussing this some with Alex, he agrees
with my points but also noticed a discrepancy.

Item 5 is striving to establish the relationship between the
algebraic operators and operator <. We would also like the following
to hold:

a < b => a + c < b + c

A lexicographical compare for std::complex would violate this. So I
need to refine item 5 to specify the algebraic relations that should
hold and std::complex is no longer a counter example to 4. But
std::less<> should be defined for complex under the rules of 4a.

Sean