From: Brannon King (brannonking_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-12 12:02:44

So does the big integer class use the CPU's carry flag? I'm picturing an
implementation where you chop the dataset into int32_t. Then, for the add
operation, each piece is composed of a.int32_t[x]+b.int32_t[x]+carry flag of
the previous operation. Does that sound right? If so, I'm wondering how
you're using the carry flag. Do you get that using assembly code or is there
some standard C/C++ command to give you access to that? (Or would somebody
mind taking a second and pointing me to the correct location for the code
for that?)

Using the above method, I think it would be quite useful to have these
dataset types:
u/int128_t, u/int192_t, u/int256_t
Anyone else agree?

Brannon King