From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-12 12:08:01

As I said before - it is the wrong formula :-((

It gives the wrong number of digits for float and will probably also fail
for user defined types.

Since it is for TR2, it should be specified in terms of max_digits10, now
accepted for TR2.

I suggest you use the right formula from digits not digits10 for now.

If you've serialized a lot of stuff, you might be cross not to get back as
near as possible what you've saved.
And you'd probably waste a lot of time trying to find out why not.

(This is a separate issue from the double loopback failures - even in MSVC,
float loopback IS correct for ALL float values - there are few enough of
them for an exhaustive test ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]