From: Sean Huang (huangsean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-12 13:21:50

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Boost-bugs] [ boost-Bugs-1520617 ]Memoryleakwhenusing
boost::thread and boost::test together

> It make sense to report memory leaks by default. In case if used prefer
> the opposite, one could use either CLA or environment variable to
> configure this behavior.

At least it should be documented (or print out a warning message) that
memory leak detection on Windows reports false leaks sometimes (anytime
boost::thread and boost::thread_specific_ptr are used). These kinds issues
are very difficult and time consuming to track down and are very surprising
to new users and that's why I suggested changing the default. Advanced users
that want to use leak detectors should know about the limitations.

Sean