From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-13 14:12:18

> Well, they make a point that the use of the www subdomain is redundant
> and very often meaningless (see the last box of the page).

I agree and disagree at the same time :)

It looks right when you read it, but when you think about it, things like
news.boost.org, list.boost.org, libs.boost.org makes sense no ? If yes,
where would the website be ? www.boost.org.

Of course we could establish that the new convention uses domain.org for the
website and that subdomains are for other stuffs... but it looks a bit
unconsistent. I think the most consistent would be that domain.org lists the
subdomains but that's another question :)

Don't get me wrong: I'm not against this philosophy its just that removing
www.domain.org seems an error as it's very "stuck" in the grand public's
minds, but as you suggest that we only remove www. from our communications,
why not after all :)

Philippe