From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-16 12:36:24

John Maddock wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>>> Boost Inspection Report
>>> Run Date: 00:02:50 UTC, Sunday 16 July 2006
>>>
>>> An inspection program <http://www.boost.org/tools/inspect/index.html>
>>> checks each file in the current Boost CVS for various problems,
>>> generating this as output. Problems detected include tabs in files,
>>> missing copyrights, broken URL's, and similar misdemeanors.
>
> I'm encountering a few spurious issues that have been flagged up where
> occurences of min() or max() inside either comments, or strings are flagged
> as errors.
>
> Any chance the regexes could be altered to avoid this?

Making the regex smart enough to understand C++ comments, reliably, is
not easy. So the next best thing... I expanded the set of content tags
one can put in files to avoid test:

   boostinspect:nocopyright
   boostinspect:nocrlf
   boostinspect:nolicense
   boostinspect:nolink
   boostinspect:nominmax
   boostinspect:notab

I've also shortened the amount of output. And split the emails into two
parts: license+copyright and the rest of the checks. The way I shortened
the output should also make it easy to quickly search for types of errors.

Enjoy :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything