From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-18 12:06:47

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:42:41 +0100, Paul Giaccone
<paulg_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>You're not wrong. A "tree" in which nodes have multiple parents is a
>graph; actually, it is (I think) a directed graph.

Not actually a boost question, but any tree is a graph (in fact "tree
graph" is another name). Precisely it is a "connected forest" or,
equivalently, a connected simple undirected acyclic graph.

In such a structure, if you say that a node C is child of another node
P (or equivalently that P is parent of C) iff it is *one* edge away
from P then a node may well, and obviously, have multiple parents.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]
[    resume:  available on request      ]