From: Oleg Abrosimov (beholder_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-19 00:49:10

Hello Pavol and Thorsten!

In boost 1.33.1 release string_algo was adopted to use boost::range to
deal with string abstraction. but in the current release support for
null-terminated strings is deprecated and will disappear from range
library in the upcoming 1.34.0 release, as stated in current range'
documentation.

I'm working on string_cvt library for boost, and it has the same need to
express a string type or char sequence type in a general way.

My question is - what is a planned replacement for boost::range in a
relation to null-terminated strings stuff? What you Pavol is planning to
do in string_algo to workaround the deprecation mentioned? And maybe
what you Thorsten is planning to provide some special range type that
can be used to fill this gap?

Thanks in advance,
Oleg Abrosimov.