From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-19 13:54:32

Gennaro Prota ha escrito:

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 08:31:16 +0200, Joaquín Mª López Muñoz
> <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> >Dinkum lib for this compiler does not define fpos_t in namespace
> >
> >std, only as a global type. The attached patch just reverts
> >to global ::fpos_t under the aforementioned circumstances.
> >
> >Is there any objection to my commiting to trunk and RC_1_34_0?
>
> The way boost usually handles this is:
>
> #ifdef BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE
> namespace std { using ::fpost_t; }
> #endif
>
> in one of the "low level" source files (iostreams/config.hpp or
> similar). All the "above" code remains untouched.

Hi Gennaro, you're absolutely right, and the method you propose looks
much neater. I've inspected iostreams code base and the lib does not
have a centralized header for this kind of hacks, yet there are several
other BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE scattered on the places of
usage, so I decided to keep that style and put the using in positioning.hpp
itself.

Does this look OK to you? Any other objection to my commiting
this new diff?

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo