From: Steven Burns (royalstream_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-19 15:46:34

It looks impressive!
I'd recommend doing some basic search-engine-optimization to get it to show
on searches.
Specially for people looking for "C++", "Framework", "Toolkit", etc.
You have no idea how many of us search for those keywords regularly.

It's hillarious! I was writing my own BinaryWriter and BinaryReader, I'm
glad I read your post.
I will read more about POCO and see how can I contribute.

Good luck,

Steven

"Guenter Obiltschnig" <guenter.obiltschnig_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
Hello all,

David told me that the following announcement might be of interest in
the Boost community, so here it goes ;-)

I am happy to announce that POCO (the C++ Portable Components) is now
under the Boost license, which makes it free for both open source and
commercial use.

Also, the new POCO Community Website is now online at http://
poco.appinf.com
This is the place to meet the POCO developers and to discuss all
things POCO.
Contributors are welcome!

About POCO:
POCO, the C++ Portable Components, is a collection of open source
class libraries that simplify and accelerate the development of
network-centric, portable applications in C++. The libraries
integrate perfectly with the C++ Standard Library and fill many of
the functional gaps left open by it. Their modular and efficient
design and implementation makes the C++ Portable Components extremely
well suited for embedded development, an area where the C++
programming language is becoming increasingly popular, due to its
suitability for both low-level (device I/O, interrupt handlers, etc.)
and high-level object-oriented development.

For more information, please visit http://poco.appinf.com

Hope to meet you there,

Günter

--
Günter Obiltschnig                   Applied Informatics
guenter.obiltschnig_at_[hidden]     http://www.appinf.com