From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-24 01:19:20

Gennaro Prota wrote:
> Hopefully these are improvements over the status quo. I've added check
> for unnamed namespaces used in included files. The corresponding
> switch is '-unnamed' and the suppression tag 'boostinspect:nounnamed'.
> Moreover I've tightened the license check so that it now detects if
> the reference text correctly starts with "Distributed under the"
> instead of "Use, abuse and misuse is regulated by..." etc. etc.
>
> The changes are in the CVS head only. I'll leave to Rene to decide if
> they are worth merging into the RC_1_34_0 branch. Maybe he wants to
> revert the second change as it generates *a lot* of errors. On the
> other hand it shouldn't be difficult to setup a script, do the change
> automatically, and say goodbye forever to this die-hard problem.

I'd rather have such a script before enabling that check. Right now the
license emails blow the email lists length limits and need to be
approved by the moderators each time. So anything that increases the
size even more is not good at this point. People need to get the large
number of current issues resolved first.

PS. I took a crack at putting a dent in the copyright/license issues by
adding them to the Boost.Preprocessor docs. The Boost.MPL docs is
another large chunk of the issues if anyone wants to volunteer to help
out they can start there.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything