From: Sean Huang (huangsean_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-24 12:24:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 4:13 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] [Test] execution_exception not derived
fromstd::exception

> "Sean Huang" <huangsean_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> boost::test::execution_exception is not derived from std::exception and
>> this
>> makes my boost::test::*exceptions unaware code not able to log any
>> meaningful error messages. Is there any reason why it is not derived from
>> std::exception?
>
> I am not sure I understand the context where you would need to log
> boost::test::execution_exception. Could you provide an example.

If the test creates a thread and the thread uses BOOST_CHECK. This probably
wasn't a good idea to start with since as far as I know boost::test does
not have a mechanism to catch the exceptions generated from other than main
thread. A simple thread adaptor would be a nice addition to boost::test.

Sean