From: Bo Persson (bop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-24 16:28:00

"Jody Hagins" <jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden]> skrev i meddelandet
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 22:09:09 +0200
> "Bo Persson" <bop_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> The company's automated exchange software then *automatically*
>> enters
>> this into my/Christian's calendar and enables the out-of-office
>> response to all incoming mails.
>

> That is bad policy.

Tell that to the IT manager. :-)

It really isn't that easy though. If you have a position with lots of
customer contacts, you just cannot be silent for a week or two, you
must respond to all unknown senders. That's why there is a
don't-reply-to option instead of an auto-reply list.

I noticed from Christian's address that we both work for banks, so I
recognized the problem. Being in a back-office position, I can check
the don't-reply-to-internet option, but not everyone can afford to do
that.

> How about subscribing to the list with an email
> address that does not automatically respond when you are away?

So I am using my home address for this list. ok? :-)

Bo Persson