From: Loïc Joly (loic.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-24 18:04:52

Cromwell Enage a écrit :

> Why not just request that the corresponding
> documentation be amended to reflect the fact that both
> depth_first_search and topological_sort require
> non-empty graphs? It's a simple matter of adding (0 <
> num_vertices(g)) as a precondition. I'd rather not
> pay for extra runtime checks if my graphs are already
> guaranteed to contain vertices.

Does it have to require a specific test ? When iterating over a
container from begin() to end(), I don't have to introduce some special
cases to handle an empty container. It might be possible to do the same
for topological_sort.

Anyway, if you believe such a test could really have any visible impact
on performances, maybe two versions of the algorithms would be another
option, just like std::vector<T>::at and std::vector<T>::operator[].

--
Loïc