From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-27 13:00:02

Hi,

I'm taking this out of the other thread indicated in the subject line,
so that it can probably get more attention.

>* Microsoft CRT/SCL-secure warnings: to be transparent to users I
>guess we would better #pragma push/pragma pop around disable-C4996.

I'd ask if we can solve this at the config level. Currently every
library seems to do on its own, which doesn't look good. At a cursory
inspection at least the following source files disable the warning for
themselves:

 boost/date_time/c_time.hpp
 boost/interprocess/detail/config_begin.hpp
 boost/test/detail/enable_warnings.hpp
 boost/test/detail/suppress_warnings.hpp

Serialization seems to do it in its jam file:

 boost/libs/serialization/build/serialization.jam

and

 boost/tools/jam/src/build.jam

also has a /wd4996 for both debug and release targets.

It appears we should handle it more consistently.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]