From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-28 06:54:05

Jeremy Day wrote:
>It seems like catching SEH exceptions could be a good thing. I would
>certainly like for ALL exceptions, whether they C or C++ exceptions, to go
>through the same machinery. I can imagine that not everyone feels this way,
>though.

Please, NO!
It's my experience that one catch(...) in a program may be a source of many annoying glitches that users report periodically but developers don't understand what's going on.
Removing this often helps. Users start reporting crashes. Most difficult at this stage is to find a user who is able to run Dr. Watson, check 'Create Crash Dump File' and send a dump to developers :)

Also worth noting that SEH is not standard C/C++.

--
Alexander Nasonov