From: Bernhard Reiter (ockham_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-29 14:09:30

Am Samstag, den 29.07.2006, 18:54 +0100 schrieb Stephen Dolan:
[...]

> A map<int, foo> is not a linear list because if I insert another
> element into the map, the existing elements aren't "pushed right". I
> can, using std::map, insert an element in log time, but to find the
> n-th element takes linear time. It is possible to implement a data
> structure supporting both the operations "insert in position n" and
> "find element in position n" in log time, I was wondering if there was
> any interest for it.

I guess "rank tree"'s just a fine name -- I'm aware of an implementation
by René, http://redshift-software.com/~grafik/RankTree.h -- and it being
a kind of tree, I intend to offer such a thing as part of my SoC tree
project... (https://boost-consulting.com:8443/trac/soc/wiki/tree)

Bernhard Reiter