From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-29 15:58:22

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:30:16 -0500, Rene Rivera
<grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>I can only remember one other right now. And it's a deployment issue. We
>would have to match the compiled inspect program to the CVS servers that
>SF uses. I don't know if they still do this, but this is made harder by
>SF using multiple servers for CVS, so it's not clear if they are all the
>same. Of course this is assuming SF even lets one have binaries running
>within the CVS server, as opposed to scripts.
>
>Along with that is the possibility of totally locking ourselves out of
>CVS access if the program happens to not work. Since we would be unable
>to fix it by checking in a replacement.

Fair points. Off-hand I can't think of any solution to the multiple
server deployment problem, but the latter issue looks approachable.
For instance Inspector Rex could simply bark and let you check in
anyway (after you throw it a bone). Or it could send a mail somewhere
(to someone). Or both things.

--
[ Gennaro Prota, C++ developer for hire ]