From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-30 04:42:11

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> Is use of base class chaining in this way part of the public API
> of Boost.Operators? - Base may not be related to Boost.Operators
> in any way. Or should I use multiple inheritance instead?

Base class chaining has been a documented and stable part of the
operators library's interface for a long time now and it is still
relevant for today's compilers. It has not been deprecated and I don't
see any reason to do so. As far as I'm concerned, it's an official part
of the interface - no guarantees for the future, though.

That said, it's up to you how you make use of it. Just because it was
designed as an internal helper shouldn't prevent you from using it for
your own purposes.

Regards, Daniel