From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-30 06:01:34

Robert Ramey wrote:
> Johan Råde wrote:
>>> At the suggestion of Robert Ramey's, I have put together facets for
>>> reading and writing non-finite numbers, such as infinity and
>>> not-a-number, to text streams, in a consistent and portable way.
>>>
>>> If there is enough interest in the code, I will submit it for a
>>> mini-review, in order to have it added to the serialization lib.
>>>

> Actually, I would like the other codecvt facets in boost be promoted
> to official status. There should be a "place" in boost for these and
> other facets.
>
> Robert Ramey
>

>>> --Johan Råde
>>
>> New version uploaded to the vault,
>> serialization/non_finite_num_facets.zip. This version has:
>>
>> 1. better handling of fomatting flags
>> 2. more robust check for not-a-number
>> 3. more tests
>> 4. some minor issues have been fixed
>> 5. various code improvements
>>
>> Now I'm not going to make any more changes for a while.
>> Got other things to do.
>>
>> --Johan Råde

I think there should be a Boost facets library,
with the UTF-8 codecvt facet and my non-finite number facets.
There is no reason why they should be buried in the serialization library.

But I'm not the right person to take care of that.
My area is scientific computing and GUI programming,
and I know almost nothing about locales, facets and internationalization.

--Johan Råde