From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-30 14:47:41

Rene Rivera wrote:
et had been named red_and_black_tree.

> If given the chance there would be an std::red_black_tree, which is used
> as an implementation detail of the associative containers. Or more
> preferable one could specialize map and set to use any associative
> container implementation of your liking. But until there is a standard
> tree interfaces this won't happen.

I agree. My ideal container library would have low level container
classes such as

    vector, deque, list, red_and_black_tree, hash_container

and higher level adapter classes such as

    random_access_container, stack, queue, map, multimap, set, multiset

It should be possible to instantiate each adapter classes with several
different container classes.

--Johan Råde