From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-07 10:07:19

Hi Dmitry,

> "vectorstream" has "reserve" function instead of "resize" function like
> in documentation and previous versions :-)

Ooops. Documentation is not up-to-date. Resize was changed with reserve
because

a) I originally wanted to reserve memory, but not add characters to the
stream. Shmem version called resize and set the new streams pointers,
but this was not correct.

b) I thought that adding characters to be stream should be done using
stream functions, instead of though a vector resize.

The idea in Interprocess is to have "reserve" to avoid reallocations
when inserting new characters in the vector and I don't plan to include
"reserve". Do you see it useful?

Regards,

Ion