From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-08 05:18:45

This says to me that the tail is wagging the dog!

ISO 9000 allows a vendor to provide whatever testing he promises:
so a vendor only needs to specify what parts are provided with his testing,
and what are provided with the Boost tests.

Users get great benefit from standards that simply say:

"If you are going to do this, do it this way."

The problem is an opinion by vendors that customers expect them to provide
all the Library.

IMO, they don't, or shouldn't.

In any case, because of the way the standards are written, vendors can
provide a conforming implementation by simply returning
std::numeric_limits<>::quiet_NaN() for all functions!

And finally, considering the record of somewhat casual compliance with the
C++ Standard/Library by vendors, I consider this is a bit rich.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]